http://wi-5.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1523510923.3412249088287353515625 Vitamin K. What is it good for? Does Vitamin K help to blood clotting?
purchase Lyrica Vitamin K is a group of fat-soluble vitamins which are needed by the human organism for the the synthesis of certain proteins responsible for blood clotting (coagulation). As they are fat-solubles it is digested together with fats and bile.
Without vitamin K the blood clotting (coagulation) process will be seriously impaired and all that can lead to the uncontrollable bleeding.
Vitamin K also helps to maintain the health bone structure as it contributes to the calcium assimilation.
There are three types of Vitamin K:
K-1 ( http://thurmansbikeandsport.com/?p=2988 phylloquinone or phytonadione). K-1 is of the vegetable origin. It can be found in almost all vegetables of green color.
K-2 (menaquinone) is produced by the intestinal tract micro flora.
K-3 (menadione) is an organic compound used as a nutritional K vitamin supplement.
Vegetable sources of vitamin K:
Kale, collard greens, spinach, Brussels sprout, basil, green onion, asparagus, broccoli, lettuce, pumpkin.
As you can see almost all green vegetables are a good source of vitamin K
When to take Vitamin K?
1) Vitamin K is used before any type of surgery to prevent excessive bleeding.
2) Women use Vitamin K for excessive menstrual bleeding.
3) Doctors may prescribe Vitamin K supplements to osteoporosis patients
4) Vitamins K helps to reduce dark circles around eyes.
5) Vitamins K is also prescribed for gastrointestinal diseases, which can increase the risk of internal bleeding. Such as gastric ulcer, enteritis, enterocolitis, liver and gallstone disease.
6) Vitamins K helps to strengthen the bones, hence often prescribed to elderly people.
7) Vitamin K is capable to neutralize the action of toxic substances coming to your organism.
Contraindications for Vitamin K supplements.
Please avoid the intake of Vitamin K if you are subject to the following conditions:
- thrombosis, embolism
- hyper coagulation
- hypersensitivity to Vitamin K
How much Vitamin K should I take a day?
The Vitamin K dosage is calculated individually. For each kilogram of weight 1 mcg is required. If your weight is 70 kg, then you require 70 mcg of vitamin K daily.
I’m reminding you to consult with your doctor before taking vitamin K supplements. Stay healthy!
Interested in Vitamin K supplements reviews, please click here